Alabama Practice Report 10/5: Tide Begins Arkansas Prep
Following its sizeable road victory at Georgia, Alabama was back on the practice field Monday in preparation for Arkansas, its homecoming game, this weekend at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Alabama practiced outside on the Thomas-Drew Practice Fields on an overcast day in Tuscaloosa. The team worked out in shells (helmets, shoulder pads, shorts).
As is customary on any game week practice, numerous Alabama players wore scout team jerseys to emulate key Arkansas players. Here is a list of a few at a couple of different position groups:
- At running back, Ronnie Clark, Derrick Gore and Lawrence Erekosima wore No. 3 for Razorbacks star Alex Collins, a junior.
- For the wide receivers, Derek Kief and Deionte Thompson wore junior Drew Morgan's No. 80. Freshman Xavian Marks, while a running back, took on the role of redshirt freshman receiver Jojo Robinson, who wears No. 17. Marks played a similar scout-team role last week ahead of Georgia.
- In the secondary, Shaun Burgess-Becker wore No. 9 for redshirt freshman defensive back Santos Ramirez, while Kendall Sheffield had on No. 2 for junior DJ Dean.
- Among the outside linebackers, Jamey Mosley and Joshua McMillon wore No. 48, presumably for junior defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr. Christian Miller wore No. 55 for junior Jeremiah Ledbetter.
- Of the inside linebackers, a walk-on wore the No. 27 of sophomore Khalia Hackett, while freshman Adonis Thomas wore junior Brooks Ellis' No. 51. Walker Jones wore redshirt freshman Josh Harris' No. 45.
- One defensive lineman, redshirt freshman O.J. Smith, wore a scout team jersey. He wore fellow defensive lineman Taiwan Johnson's No. 94.
Selected players will speak to the media at 1 p.m. Tuesday. At 3:40 p.m., Alabama will hold its next practice.
Check out videos from Monday’s practice: