Alabama Basketball Podcast, Episode 17: Alabama Wins 4th Straight & Improves Tournament Chances
Despite Collin Sexton missing his second straight game with an abdominal injury, the Alabama men's basketball team rolled to its fourth straight victory on Saturday.
The Tide jumped out to a 19-point lead after a fast start but Mississippi State battled back to tie it in the second half. Alabama picked up some timely buckets and shot free throws well down the stretch to pull out the 68-62 victory over the Bulldogs. That's the focus of the latest episode of the Tide 102.9 Alabama Basketball Podcast.
Here's everything we touched on in episode 17:
- Recapping the win over Mississippi State
- How the Tide avoided an emotional hangover and jumped out on the Bulldogs
- Collin Sexton still out but team still overcame key injury
- Braxton Key had his coming out party of the season in a 16-point effort
- John Petty continue to improve his all-around game
- Overall, Alabama starting to come together on offense as evidenced by the passing in this game
- A look at the SEC standings as Alabama is alone in 3rd place
- Tournament Tracker - Where is Bama in the RPI, ESPN & CBS Bracketology update, and how we feel about the team's chances as January nears an end
- A look at the Ole Miss game and a the team's first trip to Oxford since 2014.
You can listen to the full podcast below and subscribe on iTunes.