Alabama Practice Report 10/12: Cam Robinson Practices Despite Last Week’s Limitations
Alabama was back on the practice field Monday, two days after its homecoming victory over Arkansas. The Crimson Tide, which plays at No. 9 Texas A&M this Saturday, practiced outside on the Thomas-Drew Practice Fields in shells (helmets, shoulder pads and shorts).
- Sophomore left tackle Cam Robinson, who Alabama coach Nick Saban said was limited during practice last week, did not appear limited Monday, partaking in every drill during the media’s lone viewing period.
- Linebacker Dillon Lee practiced with the inside linebackers. He is listed as an outside linebacker, but it’s not uncommon for him to split time between the two position groups during practices.
- Brandon Greene worked with the tight ends catching passes. Greene, who moved back to the offensive line this season, played primarily at tight end last season. He has split some time between both position groups this season.
As is customary on any game week practice, numerous Alabama players wore scout-team jerseys to emulate key Texas A&M players. Here is a list of a few at a couple of different position groups:
- At running back, Ronnie Clark, Derrick Gore and Brandon Turner wore the No. 5 of senior running back Tra Carson, the team’s starter. (Clark wears No. 5 as his official team number, but since he’s worn a scout-team jersey every other week this season, it’s probably worn this week to represent Carson.) Lawrence Erekosima wore freshman Kwame Etwi’s No. 22.
- For the wide receivers, Deionte Thompson and Derek Kief wore the No. 11 of junior receiver Josh Reynolds. Xavian Marks, though listed on the Alabama roster as a running back and not a receiver, wore freshman Christian Kirk’s No. 3. Kirk is the Aggies’ leading receiver through this point in the season.
- In the secondary, freshman Shaun Burgess-Becker wore the No. 23 of sophomore safety Armani Watts.
- Among the outside linebackers, Jamey Mosley wore Aggies defensive end Myles Garrett’s No. 15. Garrett, a sophomore, ranks fourth in the nation in sacks with 7.5. Christian Miller wore defensive end Daeshon Hall’s No. 10 (5.0 sacks) and freshman Mekhi Brown had on Qualen Cunningham’s No. 9.
- Of the inside linebackers, Walker Jones wore sophomore linebacker Josh Walker’s No. 11, freshman Adonis Thomas wore junior A.J. Hilliard’s No. 46, Keaton Anderson wore sophomore Otaro Alaka’s No. 42 and senior walk-on Paden Crowder wore freshman Dwaine Thomas’ No. 16.
Selected players will speak to the media at 1 p.m. Tuesday. At 3:40 p.m., Alabama will hold its next practice.
Check out videos from Monday’s practice: