Alabama Practice Report 9/10: Lee Working With First-Team Defense
Alabama practiced in full pads and 93-degree heat Wednesday afternoon in its third practice of the week leading into Saturday's game against Southern Miss.
- Linebacker Dillon Lee worked with the first-team defense in place of linebacker Reggie Ragland when the team lined up in its nickel package. Trey DePriest was the other inside linebacker in nickel. Other players in at this time include Eddie Jackson and Cyrus Jones at corner, Landon Collins and Nick Perry at safety and Geno Smith at Star.
- In its dime package, Lee came off, leaving DePriest as the lone linebacker. Collins moved to Money and Jabriel Washington came in at safety.
- Wide receivers DeAndrew White (shoulder) and Christion Jones (ankle) were both active for the second straight practice after being limited on Monday. Alabama coach Nick Saban said in his SEC teleconference Wednesday morning that White will not play this Saturday against Southern Miss. No announcement has been made about Jones' status for Saturday, but Saban said on Monday they expected him to be fine by that next day.
- Brandon Greene appears to have made a permanent shift over to tight end from the offensive line, working there every practice since Monday of last week. He is now wearing No. 89 instead of No. 58.
- Alphonse Taylor and Leon Brown continued the battle at right guard, as both rotated in with the first team. Taylor started last week against Florida Atlantic, while Brown got the nod in the season opener versus West Virginia. Both played in each game.
- Austin Shepherd, Dominick Jackson and Grant Hill all worked at first-team right tackle.
Alabama coach Nick Saban and selected players will speak to reporters after practice around 6 p.m.
Check out the videos and photos from Wednesday's practice: