Alabama Offensive Lineman Named to SEC Weekly Award List
Alabama senior center Darrian Dalcourt was named the SEC Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week for his performance against Utah State on Saturday.
Dalcourt did not allow a pressure or a sack in the Tide’s 55-0 victory against the Aggies. He was named Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week along with Mississippi State center LaQuinston Sharp.
The offensive line was one of the biggest concerns this season for Alabama, and the unit allowed just one sack in the season opener. With 278 total rushing yards on the day and Dalcourt’s recognition for Co-Linemen of the Week, it looks to be a step in the right direction for the offensive front.
Other SEC Players of the Week for Week 1:
- Anthony Richardson (Quarterback, Florida) - SEC Offensive Player of the Week
- Christopher Smith (Safety, Georgia) and Bumper Pool (Linebacker, Arkansas) - SEC Co-Defensive Players of the Week
- Barion Brown (Wide Receiver, Kentucky) - SEC Special Teams Player of the Week
- Jayden McGowen (Wide Receiver, Vanderbilt) - SEC Freshman of the Week
- Brenton Cox (Defensive Lineman, Florida) and Jordan Domineck (Defensive End, Arkansas) - SEC Co-Defensive Linemen of the Week.