Alabama Roundup: All Ex-Tide star’s NFL Stats From Week One
Week one of the 2020 NFL season is in the books, and a plethora of former Alabama players made headlines across the league for their contributions on the gridiron.
With a league-high 57 former crimson tide players on NFL rosters, it seemed almost every game featured a big play from a player with bama roots. Here is a game by game breakdown of each former tide star’s stats.
Seattle Seahawks 38, Atlanta Falcons 25
- Julio Jones- The Falcons’ star wideout caught nine passes for 157 yards with a long of 44 in a losing effort against the seahawks sunday.
- Calvin Ridley- The young wide receiver was the second in receiving yards for the Falcons with nine receptions for 130 yards and caught both of Matt Ryan’s touchdowns.
- Jarran Reed- The Seahawks’ defensive tackle contributed two total tackles bottling up the falcons run game.
- James Carpenter- Started at left guard for the Falcons
Buffalo Bills 27, New York Jets 17
- Levi Wallace- contributed two total tackles for Buffalo sharing time at cornerback
- Quinnen Williams- added three total tackles and a half tackle for a loss in his first action of the season with the Jets.
Chicago Bears 27, Detroit Lions 23
- Eddie Jackson- Started at safety for the Bears and was fourth on the team in total tackles with six, five being solo.
- Reggie Ragland- Did not record any stats for the Lions.
- Da’Shawn Hand- added a tackle as a reserve on the Lions’ defensive line.
Green Bay Packers 43, Minnesota Vikings 34
- JK Scott- recorded one punt for 40 yards for Green Bay.
- Irv Smith Jr.- caught one pass for 11 yards for Minnesota.
New England Patriots 21, Miami Dolphins 11
- Raekwon Davis- recorded one tackle in a backup role for the Dolphins
- Anfernee Jennings- added one tackle for the Patriots as a backup outside linebacker.
Washington Football Team 27, Philadelphia Eagles 17
- Landon Collins- Started at safety for Washington and recorded five total tackles including two for a loss.
- Jonathan Allen- recorded two tackles for Washington including a half sack
- Daron Payne- recorded two tackles for Washington
- Shaun Dion Hamilton- recorded two tackles for Washington
- Ryan Anderson- recorded one tackle for Washington
Las Vegas Raiders 34, Carolina Panthers 30
- Josh Jacobs- was a key factor in the win for the Raiders with 139 total yards and three rushing touchdowns.
- Henry Ruggs III- ended the game as the leading receiver for Las Vegas, catching three passes for 55 yards in his rookie debut.
Jacksonville Jaguars 27, Indianapolis Colts 20
- Cam Robinson- Started at left tackle for the Jaguars
- Ryan Kelly- Started at center for the Colts
Ravens 38, Browns 6
- Jedrick Wills- Started at left tackle for the Browns
- Bradley Bozeman- Started at left guard for the Ravens
- DJ Fluker- was active for the Ravens as a backup guard
- Marlon Humphrey- contributed a tackle and an interception starting at CB for the Ravens.
- Mark Ingram II- recorded 10 carries for 29 yards for the Ravens.
Los Angeles Chargers 16, Cincinnati Bengals 13
- Damion Square- recorded two total tackles for the Chargers
- Jonah Williams- Started at left tackle for the Bengals
Saints 34, Buccaneers 23
- O.J. Howard- recorded four receptions for 36 yards and caught Tom Brady’s first ever passing touchdown as a Buccaneer.
Arizona Cardinals 24, San Francisco 20
- Kenyan Drake- second in rushing for Arizona with 16 carries for 60 yards and a touchdown with two receptions for five yards.
- Dre Kirkpatrick- had three total tackles at CB for the Cardinals.
L.A. Rams 20, Dallas Cowboys 17
- Amari Cooper- ended with 10 receptions for 81 yards for the Cowboys.
- Trevon Diggs- recorded three tackles in his debut for the Cowboys at CB.
Pittsburgh Steelers 26, New York Giants 16
- Minkah Fitzpatrick- recorded two tackles starting at safety for the Steelers.
- Isaiah Buggs- added one tackle in a supporting role at defensive end for the Steelers.
Tennessee Titans 16, Denver Broncos 14
- Derrick Henry- rushed for 116 yards on 31 carries with three receptions for 15 yards for the Titans.
- Raashan Evans- Recorded one tackle for the Titans before being ejected for throwing a punch at a Broncos player.
- Kareem Jackson- six total tackles and a pass deflection starting at safety for Denver.
- Jerry Jeudy- Caught four passes for 56 yards in his debut with the Broncos.
Other Alabama players not listed:
Injury Reserve: Reuben Foster (Washington), DeAndrew White (Ravens), Xavier Mckinney (Giants), Damien Harris (Patriots), Mark Barron (Broncos)
Reserve/Non-Football Injury list: Terrell Lewis (Rams)
Opted out due to COVID-19 concerns: Dont’a Hightower (Patriots), Andre Smith (Ravens), Christian Miller (Panthers), C.J. Mosley (Jets), Chance Warmack (Seattle)
Did not play: A.J. McCarron (Texans), T.J. Yeldon (Bills), Bo Scarbrough (Lions), Tua Tagovailoa (Dolphins) Ronnie Harrison (Browns) Anthony Averett (Ravens), Tony Brown (Bengals), Deointe Thompson (Cardinals) J.C. Hassenauer (Steelers).