Hear What Nick Saban Said Heading Into Arkansas State Game
The Alabama football team had to practice indoors on Wednesday as heavy rains moved through Tuscaloosa as preparations for Arkansas State continued.
Saturday's home opener presents some challenges for top-ranked Alabama, especially in the secondary.
"This is a tough preparation," Saban said after practice. "This is a really well coached team that we're playing. They play really physical, tough on defense. Very sound in what they do. I think they're somewhere up there close to No. 1 in pass offense."
Saban stressed the importance of players being team-oriented and putting those goals ahead of everything else as they move into week two.
"You find out in the first game where you are. Every individual on the team has something that they can do to improve. Every unit has something that they can do to improve. How you embrace those things and work on those things obviously helps you play the best."
Here's what else Saban discussed during the press conference:
- Jarez Parks is dealing with a death in the family and will return to the team on Thursday.
- Does the team schedule non-conference opponents that will provide carryover for the rest of the season.
- What he saw from true freshman Jaylen Waddle last weekend.
- Thoughts on the running game against Louisville.
- How he assesses the character of his team each year.
- What will Jalen Hurts' role be on the team moving forward.