Places to Enjoy Cool Treats in Tuscaloosa
As the weather gets warmer, we'll surely spend more time outside; and we'll definitely be looking for ways to cool off and stay cool. There is no better way to do that than enjoying a cool treat.
Here are some of the best places in Tuscaloosa to enjoy a cool treat:
- TCBY- 2304 McFarland Blvd E. TCBY has stood as at this location for a number of years, and as warm weather moves in, its popularity increases.
- Smoothie King- 1403 University Blvd #1 and 401 5th Ave E. For those looking for something a little more fruit-based, smoothies are always an option.
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt- 1650 Jack Warner Pkwy and 3615 McFarland Blvd E #105. One of the newer froyo places in town, Orange Leaf gives customers the option of adding numerous toppings and paying by weight. The shop on Jack Warner Pkwy is perfect for casual dates or just wrapping up a nice evening, as you can watch the sun set over the river.
- Steel City Pops- 2128 University Blvd. In the heart of downtown Tuscaloosa, Steel City Pops offers some of the most flavorful popsicles you'll ever eat. Another good spot for a casual date, as you can grab a popsicle and then take a nice walk around Government Plaza or walk to check out the newest businesses downtown.
- Yogurt Mountain-1800 McFarland Blvd E. Nestled in one of the city's busiest retail developments, Yogurt Mountain is a hot spot for a cool treat. Another froyo establishment where price is determined by weight rather than scoops and number of toppings.
- Dippin' Dots- 912 Veterans Memorial Pkwy. How can we have a list of frozen treats without including Dippin' Dots. Something about the little beads of ice cream are both delicious and mystifying.
- Dairy Queen- 1092 Southview Ln. From ice cream to ice cream cakes, Dairy Queen is but one shop that keeps South Tuscaloosa cool during warmer months.
- Sonic Drive-In- 4505 McFarland Blvd E, 3160 15th St, and 58 McFarland Blvd. There's something for everyone at Sonic from ice cream with toppings in numerous sizes to slushes, including Diet Cherry Limeades! With several locations, no one should ever suffer the heat in Tuscaloosa this summer.
- Yogurt in Love- 7402 Hwy 69 S. Another of Tuscaloosa's newer froyo shops, Yogurt in Love offers quite an array of goodies for those in South Tuscaloosa.
- Summer Snow- 1501 University Blvd E. In the warmer months, there is ALWAYS a line extending from Summer Snow! What would a summer in Tuscaloosa be without its premier snow cone location?
- Snow Corner- 4851 Rice Mine Rd NE. Serving North Tuscaloosa, Snow Corner is sure to keep ballgame attendees and lake enthusiasts cool and happy this summer.