Reichard Named Finalist for Groza Award
Alabama’s Will Reichard was selected as a finalist for the Lou Groza Collegiate Placekicker Award, the Palm Beach County Sports Commission announced on Tuesday morning.
The finalist list includes Reichard, Graham Nicholson (Miami (Ohio)) and Jose Pizano (UNLV). All three will be honored at the 32nd annual Lou Groza Collegiate Placekicker Awards Banquet on Dec. 4. The 2023 winner of the Groza will be announced on Dec. 8 as part of the Home Depot College Football Awards on ESPN.
Alabama has never had a Groza Award winner in program history. By all logic, this makes Reichard the best kicker in UA program history, and he's on the verge of being the NCAA's all-time leading scorer.
More on Reichard:
- The Hoover native is one of the most reliable placekickers in college football history, with stats to prove it.
- He has scored 530 points on 80 field goals and 290 PATs.
- He owns the NCAA’s kicking points record and is tied for the all-time mark for career points entering the matchup with top-ranked Georgia. He's literally one PAT away from the crown.
- He holds the SEC record for both kicking and career points.
- He is the Alabama record holder for made PATs who ranks second on UA’s career field goals list.
- He has totaled 104 points in 2023 thanks to 18 field goals and 50 PATs in as many tries, though one boinked through after clipping the upright vs. Chattanooga. Still counts.
- As someone who began watching Reichard as a Hoover High sophomore, you could tell then he was going to be special. And he has been NFL prospect special.