Olaus Alinen, the No. 1 player in Europe, has officially announced that he will commit on July 22, 2022. His final five schools are Alabama, Miami, Georgia, Oregon, and Ohio State.

The four-star offensive tackle currently attends The Loomis Chaffee School in Windsor, Conn. According to 247Sports, the upcoming senior ranks at No. 132 overall, No. 15 offensive tackle, and No. 1 in the state of Conn.

Since receiving his offer in November of 2021, the Finland native has taken both an official and unofficial visit to the Capstone.

Tide 100.9 logo
Get our free mobile app

Shortly after his official visit to Tuscaloosa, Ala., Alinen joined The Game with Ryan Fowler on Tide 100.9 to discuss how Alabama head coach Nick Saban is on the recruiting trail.

"He doesn't promise you anything but an opportunity to come there, and obviously wants  great players to be part of the program. But coach Saban like knows that Alabama is not for everybody and so he's really like take it or leave it, but if you come here, it's a really great opportunity. For you to be a first-round pick, winning championships, and be the best version of yourself," said Alinen.

Last season, The Loomis Chaffee football team went 9-1, becoming the 2021Founders League Tri-Champions, and NEPSAC Class A Todd Marble Bowl Champions. Alinen co-won the 2021 Offensive Player of the Year at his school.

"Combines impressive strength and athleticism. Is forceful with initial punch and is physical. Plays aggressively and remains engaged on blocks. Tough for defenders to disengage. Sinks hips and uncoils well when engaging defender. Is consistent with hand placement and is quick to place inside on defenders. Shows foot speed and is technically sound with steps when pulling. Has body control to block at second level in space. Is quick to scrape and get to linebackers," said national recruiting analyst for 247Sports Brian Dohn on Alinen.

According to 247Sports' Crystal Ball Predictions, Miami has an 83.3% chance to land Alinen, while Alabama has a 16.7% chance.

Tide Prospects Visit the Capstone

Official visits for the week of June 6-12, 2022 to Tuscaloosa, Ala.

More From Tide 100.9