Alabama Practice Report: Tide Goes Through Last Full Practice of Season [VIDEOS]
TEMPE, Ariz. – Alabama went through its final full practice before Monday’s College Football Playoff National Championship on Saturday.
The Crimson Tide took the buses down from its hotel in nearby Scottsdale to practice inside the Dickey Dome, Arizona State’s indoor practice facility. Reporters were permitted to watch the first 15 minutes of practice.
- Reporters watched two periods of practice, with the first designated strictly for stretching. Strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran, like usual, was loud and energetic during that portion of practice.
- Once players went into individual drills, there wasn’t much of note that occurred.
- Alabama has no significant injuries at this point in the season and all players appeared healthy and practicing fully.
- Cornerback Tony Brown was not at the team’s practice. He remains suspended after an incident during one of the team’s practice in Texas ahead of the Cotton Bowl.
- Alabama athletic director Bill Battle and new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt watched practice from the sideline.
- At some point after the media left, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald stopped by the team's practice.
Alabama has a walkthrough Sunday that’s closed to the media. Then, it’s game time against Clemson at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
Nick Saban also has a joint press conference with Clemson coach Dabo Swinney Sunday morning at 8 a.m. MT.
Watch videos from Saturday’s practice below: