Could Tua Tagovailoa Be the Best Quarterback in the SEC?
The hype surrounding Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been at a all-time high since his game-winning drive in the national championship, but is he the best quarterback in the conference this upcoming season?
According to Athlon Sports ranking of the top quarterbacks in the 2018 season, despite not being named the starter or not starting a game, Tagovailoa ranks number one on the list ahead of Drew Lock, Jarrett Stidham, and Nick Fitzgerald.
Scouting expert Chris Landry, who has worked with Saban in the NFL, joined The Game with Ryan Fowler for his weekly LandryFootball.com report to discuss if he believes Tua Tagovailoa is the best quarterback in the SEC, breaks down the landscape of the SEC and NFL Draft, and Nick Saban turning five-star players to first round picks better than any other coach in the country.
Here’s what else Chris Landry broke down on his weekly report:
- Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Miami Dolphins
- Calvin Ridley fitting in with the Atlanta Falcons
- Surprised Ronnie Harrison dropped in the draft
- Five-Star players going into the NFL Draft under Nick Saban
- Is Tua Tagovailoa the best quarterback in the SEC?
- Biggest question surrounding Auburn
- Negative recruiting against Nick Saban
- Can Dan Mullen get Florida to compete in the SEC
- What Dabo Swinney brings to the Clemson Tigers
For all of Chris Landry’s reports watch the video above and don’t miss the Landry Football Weekly Report every Wednesday at 4 p.m. CT on The Game with Ryan Fowler.