VIDEO: Nick Saban Turns His Attention to the 2018 Iron Bowl
It's Iron Bowl week in Tuscaloosa and the Alabama Crimson Tide officially turned its attention to that team across the state.
Undefeated and top-ranked Alabama practiced on Monday and began working on preparations for Saturday afternoon's matchup against Auburn. The Tigers have already lost four games but have the firepower to give the Tide trouble this weekend.
"Turning the page and looking forward to what is a big game to a lot of people, the Iron Bowl, all over this state and really all of the country," Saban said. "Certainly an opportunity in a game as a competitor that you always look forward to. And a lot on the line for our team in every game we play right now."
There was a lot to update on Monday, including injuries, match-ups, and what lessons can be learned from The Citadel game. Here's what all Saban talked about during the press conference:
- There are some lessons to be learned from last game in terms of mindset and being ready to perform.
- His thoughts on Auburn and its personnel and why he thinks the Tigers are a really good team.
- Deonte Brown and Deionte Thopmson are both practicing.
- Alex Leatherwood was held out on Monday but should return to practice this week.
- Damien Harris is in concussion protocol but is making good progress.
- The progression of Henry Ruggs III this season and what he does well as a wide receiver.
- What makes Dylan Moses a strong linebacker and how he has improved this season.
- Tua Tagovailoa's growth this season and his ability to perform at a high level.
- He addresses the kicking game - specifically extra points - and what they have to do to improve.
- Getting his team prepared to play in games and whether he tries to keep them from getting too amped up.
- Whether or not this is a revenge game for him or his team.
You can watch the entire press conference in the video at the top of the page.