Alabama Practice Report 9/8: WRs White, Jones Return To Practice
Alabama began its preparations for Southern Miss on Monday afternoon, two days after defeating Florida Atlantic, 41-0, at home. The players wore shells (helmets, shoulder pads and shorts), as they practiced outside on the Thomas-Drew Practice Fields.
- Senior wide receiver DeAndrew White practiced for the first time since separating his shoulder in the season opener against West Virginia, wearing a brace on the injured right shoulder. Alabama coach Nick Saban made no mention of White being able to play this Saturday against Southern Miss during his press conference earlier in the day.
- Senior wide receiver Christion Jones also returned to practice Monday but was limited in drills. Jones took a helmet to the ankle and missed most of the second half in last Saturday's rout over Florida Atlantic. During his press conference, Saban said that Jones should be "OK" by tomorrow's practice.
- Sophomore offensive tackle Grant Hill broke a blocking sled during offensive line drills. Hill has been practicing as the second-team left tackle the last couple of practices in place of Dominick Jackson, who has been practicing in Hill's usual spot as the second-team right tackle.
- From left to right the first-team offensive line is still Cam Robinson, Arie Kouandjio, Ryan Kelly, Alphonse Taylor and Austin Shepherd.
- The second-team offensive line group was Hill, Ross Pierschbacher, Bradley Bozeman, Leon Brown and Jackson.
- Blake Sims is still the first quarterback up in passing drills with Jake Coker throwing immediately after him.
- When leaving practice, defensive back Jarrick Williams (foot) could be seen rehabbing in the team's weight room. He wore a boot on his left foot. On the Monday after he sustained the injury, Saban said the fractured bone in his foot would take four weeks to heal.
Alabama coach Nick Saban and players already fulfilled their media responsibilities earlier in the day. The Crimson Tide will return to practice Tuesday afternoon at 3:30 p.m.
Here's a couple videos from Monday's practice: