Sears Up For High Honor
Alabama guard Mark Sears is one of 25 candidates named to the 2024 John R. Wooden Award Midseason Top 25 Watch List, the organization announced Wednesday. Sears is also considered by many to be a top candidate for SEC Player of the Year.
This is the second straight season Alabama has had a player named to the midseason Wooden watch list, as current NBA star Brandon Miller was selected to the midseason watch list last season.
Chosen by a poll of national college basketball experts based on their performances during the 2023-24 season thus far, the list includes 25 student-athletes who are front-runners for the sport’s most prestigious honor.
The Wooden Award All-American Team will be announced the week of the "Elite Eight" round of the NCAA Tournament. The winner of the 2024 John R. Wooden Award will be presented by Principal following the NCAA Tournament in April.
More on Sears
- Ranks No. 1 in the SEC in scoring (20.2 ppg) and No. 20 in the country
- One of five players from the SEC to be named to the Wooden Award Midseason Watch List
- The only player in Division I that has recorded 300 points, 65 rebounds, 55 assists and made 40 three-pointers this season
- Ranks No. 3 in the country in three-point field goal percentage (49.4)
- Averaging 3.7 assists per game, which ranks No. 9 in the SEC
- Shooting 54.8 percent from the field, which ranks fourth in the conference
9 Things That Taste Like an Alabama Summer
Gallery Credit: Mary K