The No. 3 Alabama Crimson Tide (20-3, 10-0) takes on the unranked Florida Gators (13-10, 6-4) tonight at Coleman Coliseum.

Alabama currently holds a two game lead atop the conference standings heading into midweek action with Florida destined for the middle of the pack at four games behind.

The Crimson Tide enters Wednesday's matchup with a perfect 11-0 record at home, coming off a 57-point thrashing of Vanderbilt in its last home matchup.

Let's break down a few numbers between the two SEC squads, before the Gators come calling.

Key: (PPG = points per game, PA = points allowed, FG = field goal percentage, REB = rebounds per game, AST = assists per game, BLK = blocks per game, STL = steals per game, FT = free throw percentage)


83.1 PPG, 68.7 PA, 44.2% FG, 44.9 REB, 15.0 AST, 5. BLK, 6.1 STL

(Leading Scorer - Brandon Miller: 18.8 PPG, 45.2% FG, 82.5% FT)


71.3 PPG, 64.8 PA, 43.4% FG, 35.7 REB, 12.5 AST, 6.0 BLK, 6.5 STL

(Leading Scorer - Colin Castleton: 15.6 PPG, 50.0% FG, 73.8% FT)

Odds + More

According to ESPN Analytics, Alabama has an 87.3% chance to win this evening, while Florida is given a 12.7% chance.

The PickCenter Team Rankings project Alabama to win by an average of 78.4 to 68.1, making the Tide roughly a 10-point favorite at home.

NCAA statistics have Alabama as the No. 9 team in total scoring offense, while the Gators rank No. 178 overall.

Florida comes in at No. 61 in total scoring defense, with the Tide sitting at No. 156 in Division 1.

Vegas has yet to release an official line on the game as of Tuesday morning.


Alabama: AP Poll (3), NET (3), KenPom (5), Sonny Moore (4)

Florida: AP Poll (NR), NET (42), KenPom (38), Sonny Moore (37)

(Rankings Data Can Be Found Below)

AP: (As of Monday, Feb 6)

NET: (As of Wednesday, Feb 8

KenPom: (As of Wednesday, Feb 8)

Sonny Moore: (As of Wednesday, Feb 8)



Alabama has been a force to be reckoned with inside Coleman Coliseum this season. The Tide has won most games at home this season by double digits and has put together a perfect 11-0 record thus far.

Florida will present Alabama with a tough challenge on the defensive side of the court.  The Gators have only seen one other team with a Top 10 scoring offense this season.

Xavier, the current sixth best scoring offense, put up 90 points on Florida back at the Phil Knight Legacy Tournament in November.

However, the Gators were able to hold Missouri, the 14th best scoring offense, to just 64 points in Gainesville during the beginning weeks of conference play.

Florida is a team with no true identity at this point in the season. The Gators have managed to impress in wins over Missouri and Tennessee at home, but their best road performances consist of a close loss to Auburn and a narrow win over Mississippi State.

It's hard to predict what we will get from Florida tonight, but I am going to flip the script on what will decide it.

Even if the Gators play to their potential, I expect Alabama to come out firing on all cylinders at home. Alabama is not dependent on the three ball to win games, but when it is, the Tide has no problem running teams out the gym.

I expect a big night from beyond the arc for Alabama after a sloppy game in Baton Rouge on Saturday.

I predict the Crimson Tide to win and cover the eventual spread, riding high into Auburn on Saturday.

Brandon Miller is going to go for 20+ in this one, while Mark Sears and Noah Clowney reach double digits.

Pick: Alabama 86, Florida 64.

Northridge vs TCHS

Central vs Paul Bryant

More From Tide 100.9