Week 10 Bama Pro of the Week: Jedrick Wills
Jedrick Wills was gifted his type of game Sunday afternoon: rainy, nasty and low scoring. Despite having to face the likes of JJ Watt and an underperforming Houston Texans defense,
The Cleveland Browns defeated the Texans 10-7 in a downpour that saw both teams rely on their respective ground games after waiting out a 30-minute weather delay. Thanks to Wills and his fellow offensive lineman, the Browns dominated the ground game on its way to a victory that leaves Cleveland just a half-game back in a tough AFC North race to the playoffs.
On the backs of the returning Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, the Browns totaled 231 yards on the ground. In the fourth quarter alone Cleveland racked up 148 yards, giving it the chance to extend and sustain its lead.
Thanks to his efforts, Wills was named a nominee for the Pepsi Zero Sugar Rookie of the Week. In the award's 18-year history, only three offensive linemen have ever won it.
He was not the only former Alabama star nominated for the weekly award. The man whose blindside Wills protected for two years, Tua Tagovailoa, was also named a finalist for Week 10. Though Wills was humbled by his own nomination, he was happy to unofficially concede the award to his former quarterback on social media.
We are gonna go with the big guy this week. Fans can vote for Wills or Tagovailoa for the official award here.
Now for our honorable mentions.
- Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins: 15-25 passing for 169 yards and two touchdowns
- Josh Jacobs, Raiders: 21 rushes for 112 yards and two touchdowns, plus four receptions for 24 yards
- Raekwon Davis, Dolphins: Seven tackles and was PFF's highest-rated defensive tackle in Week 10.
- Terrell Lewis, Rams: Two sacks
- Tony Brown, Bengals: Nine tackles, two for a loss and a pass deflection in his first NFL start
Be sure to tune back into tide1009.com each Tuesday to see the Bama Pro of the Week throughout the NFL season.
Top-10 All-Time Rushers